Breaking News

Manchester Attack: ISIS Claims Responsibility

Islamic State in Iran and Syria, ISIS, has claimed responsibility for Monday’s deadly attack at the Manchester Arena.



The dreaded terror group said the attack was carried out with an explosive device planted at the concert, according to a statement the group posted on Telegram.

The terrorists said in a statement, “One of the soldiers of the Caliphate was able to place an explosive device within a gathering of the Crusaders in the city of Manchester.”

Recall that a suicide bomber killed 22 people and wounded 59 at a packed concert hall in the English city of Manchester.

Prime Minister, Theresa May has described the incident as a sickening act targeting children and young people.

May said police believed they knew the identity of the bomber and police then said a 23-year-old man had been arrested in connection with the attack.

She said this outside her Downing Street office in London, “All acts of terrorism are cowardly…but this attack stands out for its appalling sickening cowardice, deliberately targeting innocent, defenseless children and young people who should have been enjoying one of the most memorable nights of their lives.

“The attempt to divide us met countless acts of kindness that brought people closer together.”

The Islamic State militant group said the attack was retaliation for Western involvement in the conflicts in Syria and Iraq.

No comments